Dear Everyone! I have figured out how to be smart! Finally!!!!! I am no longer worried about reading and writing emails. We figured out that the search bar on lds.org holds a lot of words, so here I am writing my letter in the search bar and am gonna copy and paste it when I'm done (yes I know, brilliant! =]). Well just to mention some of the things that have happened this week...The temple finally opened back up so my district was able to go again this morning! I was way excited and didn't want to leave, however I need all the precious time given to me on preparation day. Elder Christensen is now our district leader (as of a week and a half ago). He's the youngest in our group of soldiers will be a good leader out in the field. 2 of our elders are leaving early (Elder Pead-Mesa, and Elder Peterson-Houston). They are really scared, but they're gonna be just fine. I'm so excited for them! It also means that I am that much closer to leaving here myself =]. Not that I'm not grateful for the MTC, but I have been ready to leave ever since I got here. It has been nice to have all the study time and teaching time though I have to admit. I was sick 3 times in 5 weeks, and it was kinda hard to focus all the time because I would be on medicine for 5 days, well for 3 and then sick again for 5 or 6. The last time I was sick there was so much pressure in my head that it would make one eye water at awkward moments. Iasked Elder Christensen to give me a blessing and the next morning all the ressure was gone. Elder Christensen was surprised it was so instetaneous, but I wasn't. I knew the Lord would heal me, and I haven't felt a single bit of illness since. It was a good testimony to the elders of the power they hold, and I really hope they remember it always. My ASL skills have definately improved since I've been here. I know how to sign and I know the structure of ASL but I never really put the two together. I've never really been able to think in ASL, so I just sign as close to it as I can. But here,I find myself thinking ASL and it coming out of my hands so beautifully visual that I can't help but recognize how much the Lord is blessing me to improve in this language. I have learned A LOT since coming here and continue to learn more everyday. I'm also learning a little more Romanian. It's pretty cool =]. Now here's the part for mom...to answer her questions.I went to the front desk to call Geico, and had them cancel my insurance. I dunno why they didn't do it before, but I was only charged for 4 more days of insurance (another blessing!) therefore the bill is only $15. If you can pay it then take the money out of my bank account that would be mighty helpful =]. Ok, so I'm not exactly a clothes hog, but I definately want more variety than I have. I have to wait till I get to DC though cuz we are not allowed off the MTC grounds. Happy 24th of July by the way. How was the parade?? Did you go with the kids? How was the bar-b-que? The food in the cafeteria just wasn't the same as the glorious beef in St. David, but I survived =]. Some of you are asking me if there's anything you can do for me so I finally have an answer. There's a few things that I need and a few things would be nice =]. I definately need more nylons! I think I snagged about 50 million of the 51 million I had within the first week, so I don't have enough to even last me a whole week! Sad, I know. I need an address book...one that's big enough to write legibly in, but not the size of a shoe box. Stamps are always nice, so if anyone wants to randomly send me a book of stamps I'm not gonna complain, in fact I'd pretty much worship the ground you walk on. Also, my companion that left also took the one CD player in our branch, so I have a bunch of Cd's and no player...If someone is willing to buy a cheapo 10 dollar one and maybe send me some old speakers to play it through I would be extremely grateful!!!!! Well, Thank you all for the letters you send me! I love getting letters. In fact sometimes it's hard tothink that you're not sintting around waiting for my letters as I wait for yours...pretty funny actually how quickley ones perspective can change =].So just to remind you, you can go to www.dearelder.com and write a letter there and I get it as a letter instead of an email. It's really only useful while I'm in the MTc cuz I think once I leave to the field it costs like 41 cents (the cost of a stamp). They also (as I found out from Beth) have a whole array of goodies available...I really have no idea what's there, I just know I can get little white joy envelopes. I hope you are all doing well!! I miss you all and pray for you everyday =]. I LOVE YOU!!!!!
~Sister Witbeck~
Mission Address
Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823
witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823
witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net