I have had the coolest days as my p-days =]. We're back in the 20's and 30's for temps and it's COLD with the windchill. We were outside the other night in 30 degrees with the strongest wind I've ever felt. It was probably close to 15 degrees. However, those of you who know how I feel about the wind will sympathize with me =]. I'm learning to control it. That same night at the VC the wind blew the door completely off! I dunno what happened cuz I wasn't there, but we heard the next morning. Crazy and dangerous. The other day we had another storm of freezing rain. That was scary! We drove for 2 1/2 hours through traffic just to get to the VC. We also hit some ice, but luckily nothing horrible happened. Just a cracked hub cap (really I just like telling parts of scary stories to freak everyone out. It really wasn't anything to worry about....or was it???).We have dropped everyone we were working with, but have some new people so we're working on finding those with pure hearts. It's going to be a good week.I'm learning some French =]. Confession time. I used to hate French and Spanish, but now that I've been around it alot I really like those languages and want to learn both later. I'm kind of learning a little of each as I meet people in the street. I can testify in Spanish, English and ASL, and I'm learning how to do it in French, Chinese and Portuguese. We have sisters from all those places, so eventually I'll figure it out....hopefully =].Other than that things are still fantastic. I'm not cold. I have a huge coat that was left here from a previous sister that I just wear and will leave here when I don't need it anymore. Mom--I got your packages. Thanks! Sweaters are good.I love and miss you all!!!! Take care,
~Sister Witbeck~
Mission Address
Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823
witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823
witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net