I feel like time is flying SOOOOOOO fast! It feels like yesterday I that wrote you last. I saw Art Badger again, only this time he came in with Mabel =]. They sat down and talked to me for a while, and took a pic. I'll send it to you when I can. I also went to the city today for the second time. I love the city!!!!! There's so much to see and not enough time on p-days.I sat down with pres last CDM (when we have our interviews) and talked with him about the ASL program. Basically it all came down to: I'm working well in my area. He doesn't want to take me out of my area (as well as another sister) and put me into an area where 5 ASL elders struggle to find work. A little faithless but understandable. I just told him my feeling on the matter and am leaving it in his hands. He's my mission president, so he will know what to do. He gave me some time to think about different things (like teaching deaf referrals that need sisters), but the more I thought about it the more I realized it either has to be in the ASL program or out. The Lord doesn't work 1/2 way. The reason why we have an area to begin with is so we can work with the ward, the less actives, the ward missionaries, the potentials, the former investigators, there's no way I could teach someone then throw them off to another ward to go to church. So even though my desire is deep to work with ASL (that being my calling and all) I'm exercising a LOT of faith and leaving it in Pres Mansell's hands, and waiting for the Lord to bless me in other ways for he knows my heart, and how I can grow best. I only hope to give my best efforts in where I can help the kingdom grow most, even if that means giving up my deepest desire to serve a people I've been called to serve, and blessed with a gift of love for. It's hard to accept (I'm not gonna lie) but this isn't my time, it's the Lord's, and he'll inspire and direct Pres. Mansell to do what's best.That's the update. Transfers are next week!!!!!! Crazy. This one flew by like a jet plane at full speed. I'm learning a little French and S. Trehet says my accent is really good =]. I'm excited to learn more.Jet'aime (I love you) and miss you!!! Never gat discouraged, God is over all. \lml
~Sister Witbeck~