About Me

I have been called on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I will be in the Washington D.C. North mission for American Sign Language as well as the Visitor's Center. I am super excited for this opportunity to serve the Lord for the next 18 months of my life and hope to be the best missionay possible!

Mission Address

Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823

witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I'm having a baby!!!!!

5'4, dark skin, black hair, and brown eyes.
Pres called me Monday night to tell me I'm gonna be training this transfer! I said "did you pray about this one?" He just chuckled and assured me he knows what he's doing. I spent that night awake with a headache (love stressing out....), and yesterday I started to get excited more than stressed. I met her this morning and she's awesome! I'm so excited!!!!!! A little scared, but all I can do is trust in the Lord since I have no idea what I'm doing =]. She's from Brazil, and her name is Sister Cardoso. Her English is really good, and I can't wait to teach with her. She'll be so great. She's a little premature since my 9 month mark isn't till next week, but the doctors say everything is going to be fine =]. I'm going to miss S. Trehet tremendously, but thank goodness for the VC cuz I'll still see her around for the next 2 transfers till she goes home.I also saw S. Sankoh this morning (she's down south in the full pros area so we never see her at the VC) and had the privilege of announcing her grandmahood and showing off my new baby. Needless to say it was awesome.Tuesday we had district meeting and when we arrived I ran in the door and screamed "I'm having a baby!!!!" and E Heaps and E. Milne (my district leader and his comp) just chuckled and shook their heads. I think they've learned their lesson that S. Witbeck is just crazy and no matter what you do to get her out of the habit, it's just not gonna work. Craziness is a monster and it grips me with it's claws everyday =]. I LOVE it.E. Heaps will be training as well and his baby is the new ASL elder. He arrived 3 weeks ago and was with E. Mortenson and E. Johnson (the ASL elders) but now is in the English program and being trained in my district by my district leader. At least I'll have someone to sign to more than once a month. That'll be fun.Anyways, that's what's happening in my neck of the woods. I hope your woods are just as fruitful and you can find the green grass somewhere....I think it's in my backyard....just a hint.I'm going to learn so much this transfer, both from my new companion and from the responsibilities I now have as a trainer. I know it'll be hard, but so worth it. We go to institute tonight so she can meet some of the members of the ward, and one of our investigators. Did I tell you that story?? Last week one of the members brought a friend with him and we set up an appt to teach her. She knows nothing about God, so we had to go down to more than basics. It was so fun to teach about who God is and what faith is, and teach her the concept of the godhead correctly and not have preconceived notions about her own opinions. She's awesome. I LOOOOOVE teaching her. So, we'll see her tonight as well and follow up on our last appt.I hope all of you are having the time of your lives! I pray for you daily, and know God's hand is in each of your lives. I'm just so grateful for a God who loves us so much and is so willing to help us in every way and the knowledge that miracles still happen today. I see little miracles everyday and I know I will continue to recognize them as I strive to keep the spirit with me, and that goes the same for you. Don't ever forget to show God your love by praying to Him and studying His word. I love you all so much! Have a fantastic week!!!!

~Sister Witbeck~