About Me

I have been called on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I will be in the Washington D.C. North mission for American Sign Language as well as the Visitor's Center. I am super excited for this opportunity to serve the Lord for the next 18 months of my life and hope to be the best missionay possible!

Mission Address

Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823

witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Yay for March 27th

Well, it's basically been the best week of my life, and the longest. Since last week p-day was on Wed, and this week p-day is on Thursday I feel like it took so long to get here! Oh my goodness, adding one day to the week does not make for a satisfied missionary =]. It's a good thing God only made the week with 7 days cuz when it has 8 I just about die!Last night one of the members of my ward (Jose Angel) took us out to eat Spanish food!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOOOOOVE Spanish food. I haven't been able to eat any for a long time cuz all my comps have not liked it. It was so good. Thank goodness for incredible members =]. We've also started teaching members in the ward the restoration to practice our teaching and also to help them remember the testimony they have of Joseph Smith and the restored gospel, It's been really cool. I encourage all of you this week to read Preach My Gospel Chapter 3 the first lesson and think about how YOU know this is the church of Jesus Christ, and why YOU choose to follow Him. I promise you as you do so the spirit can help you to increase the testimony you have and you will gain a more powerful witness of the Book of Mormon and the wonderful message that I share and testify of everyday.We will be meeting with Tina tonight, and we're going over the restoration with her. I just love her! She was at institute last night again, and just continues to learn, and not only does she pay attention but she applies what she learns after the fact. That's what true knowledge is--application. I get so excited about teaching her cuz I know she's really listening and trying to figure things out for herself.Well, I LOVE and miss you all, and I hope you have the best week ever!

~Sister Witbeck~