Oh-kee-doh-kee folks, ya bettah settle down fer a long hahl, this is gonna be a doosy!Well, this week I took S. Cardoso to eat her first American McDonald's, and she was amazed at how cheap it was =]. Yesterday was my p-day but the email didn't work for anyone, so we got a call-out last night informing us that we could write home today. It's gonna throw me off cuz yesterday I wrote some letters, and today is full pros, so it'll be weird to go right to work after emailing....but, oh well. Whatever.We went to institute last night and talked to Tina a bit. Last week we gave her a conditional baptismal date (if you dunno what that is you can either read Preach My Gospel, or ask a returned missionary =]) and she accepted, so we gave her 2 Ne. 31 to read. We've really been working on finding chapters that are really clear to understand cuz she doesn't have all the gospel vocabulary yet, but we're working on it. So far we've taught her about faith and repentance, and our last lesson was all about Jesus Christ; His life, His teachings, and the point of Him coming to earth--the atonement, and how we need to have faith in Jesus Christ. Anyways, so last night I asked her how her reading was and she said "um, well I think it said that Jesus Christ was baptized as an example for us to follow and we need to repent and be baptized to be clean and get eternal life." I just looked at her and said "yup." It's so cool to see her fit things together as she goes to church, institute and meets with us. She said she's always known that there was something greater that ruled the universe, but didn't know what to call it, and now she's understanding everything and reading what we give her, it's awesome! She's awesome. Since we're starting from ground zero it'll take a little more time, but she's totally ready to commit.Mom and Dad: AAAAAHHHHHH!!!! That's so exciting that you're gonna start a little farm again, now that you have little servants to work for you =]. It'll be good for them. Yesterday I found the pic chip I asked you about. I have been looking for it for 3 months! I'm so glad I found it, so I'll send it to you and if you could send the empty one with a lot of room back that would be great =]. Thanks.Well, I hope all is well with you!!! I pray for you everyday and focus my best on the work so you can be blessed for my efforts here in the mission, as I know you are =]. I love you all! Have the best week of your lives--I know I will.
~Sister Witbeck~