How is everyone doing?!?!?!? Thank you sooooo much for all the emails this week! It's really good to hear what's going on with you. I am doing great! I really wish I had more time to write....but only a few fun things happened this week so here they are =]My companion and I got condemned to hell. Not in so many words, but...it was actually quite funny. She used this scripture in Matthew 25:12 where it says: "But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not." and she said "I know you think you're doing a great job, but you're not, and you're going to be surprised when you meet God and he's going to look at you and say he never knew you, and you will not live with him like I will." We were about to expound that wcripture a little because the reason it says he never knew them was because they didn't prepare, but her son came up crying because he fell on something (we were in the park) so she had to leave, but it was an interesting experience. I really feel bad for her! There is so much that she doesn't understand. She was saying (as most "christians" believe.....) that Christ has already saved us so we are going to heaven, but we do the works because we believe....a little opposite, but she'll find out someday when she's ready. Cleary she's not ready now =]The other thing is there was a chinese music program at the VC last weekend! It was so cool!!!! The reason I don't talk about a lot of the programs at the VC is because I'm hardly ever there during them. My schedule is usually such that I'm in my area when there is a program going on. Also, last week after emailing you all we went shopping and I met a deaf baptist preacher! That was a really interesting conversation. He says he sees the missionaries all the time so he wouldn't give me his info, but he had a 5 year-old son who I talked to for a little bit, and he said "Come my house, see you my house" I looked at the mom and said maybe..... so the little boy was even more emphatic "No, you come my house today! I see you later." I just chuckled and said maybe. Well as we were leaving the store I saw them again, and the little boy said the same thing! It was kind of strange. Well, first of all he remembered my name, called me by my name and said "I see you, come my house will, I see you". I guess we'll just have to see what happens =]That's pretty much it for this week. Just remember, Heavenly Father loves you, and you have a responsibility and a commandment to love each other as the Savior loves you. That takes practice and commitment. Prayers are ALWAYS answered, and when we pray with faith (doubting nothing) the heavens are opened to us. Power comes in the thoughts of faith, and when we are full of faith and love Heavenly Father's will becomes our will, and anything we ask would be in accordance with those wills and nothing could be withheld from us. So trust in God. Be still and know that He is. When you think you have that, then get off your duff and do those things you know =]. Be an example of the believers. I love you all so much!!!!! Have a wonderful week.
~Sister Witbeck~
Mission Address
Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823
witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823
witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net