Ok, so I'm gonna answer a few questions first for Mark. I get to go to the DC temple only once a month. We go the first day in the field (which I hardly remember cuz I was such a wreck after the midnight flight), and we just went last Friday with all the VC sisters. We only go tracting about 2 or MAYBE 3 times a week. Not too often. Since I'm in the English program I do everything in English in my area. The only time I get to sign is IF deaf people come to the VC. I went 2 weeks without signing to people and began to go into withdrawls, and last Sunday I told one of the sisters (as a joke) to pray for deaf people to come in. 20 min. later 2 deaf people walked in (hehehe). Heavenly Father answers prayers! I got to talk to them for a while. They were members and knew a person I went to school with at UofA! (Belen--for those who will read this and know who she is =]). It felt so good to sign again. The only other time I sign is when I'm teaching one of the other sisters to say something in ASL, or when I say my prayers. Other than that it's the flapping of the tongue =].Mom--I got your package yesterday. It's HUGE!!! I'm pretty sure I don't need to go shopping for quite a while. Oh, and by the way, I just found out that UPS and fedex packages usually aren't forwarded, but are kept at the mission office till tranfer day which is every 6 weeks, but Pres. Mansell comes to the VC every month so he brings the packages he gets at that time (which happened to be last night, so I got it =]). Thank you sooooo much for all your support!Ok, so Sunday (before the deaf people walked in) I saw someone from my previous ward in Mesa. Sara will know who it is.....Rustin Pierce! ...or Pearce, not sure how he spells his name. Anyways, I guess he moved here to DC last week and stopped by the VC with his new roommate and a friend to take a look around. It's really weird seeing people I know there. The world is so small! Especially here in Maryland =].So, I'm sure you heard about the earthquake in Peru about 2 weeks ago. A man came in to the VC and I started talking to him, it turns out that his son is in Peru on his mission in the area where the earthquake occured and he wrote a letter to the branch president explaining what happened out there. A while before the earthquake happened the prophet called the mission president and told him to gather all the missionaries to the temple in Lima. Then the earthquake happened. Now he told us this story quite seriously, so I believe him, but I don't know how much of it is really true. But true or not, we have a prophet on the earth today and he truly communicates with God and he knows what the people need. It's amazing! The Lord watches out for His missionaries, and His people. It's amazing to see His hand in what I do. Sister Sankoh and I talked to a Spanish man and got his address and phone number to give to the Spanish sisters who I live with, and when they went to see him he had moved, but the man living there now is really interested in the gospel and has been to Utah and seen the SLC temple, and wants to know what it's about. Even though we had talked to Louis (the first man) and expected the sisters to contact him and possibly teach him, the Lord had a different plan and led them to Mario who they are now teaching. It's so amazing to see the little miracles everyday that I would have passed over before. In everything we do, and every place we go, we are helping to accomplish the Lord's work, and it's such a good feeling to be a part of that!
Again, thanks for all you do! I love and miss you all =] =] =] =] =]
~Sister Witbeck~
Mission Address
Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823
witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823
witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net