About Me

I have been called on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I will be in the Washington D.C. North mission for American Sign Language as well as the Visitor's Center. I am super excited for this opportunity to serve the Lord for the next 18 months of my life and hope to be the best missionay possible!

Mission Address

Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823

witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Hello everyone!!!

This week has been crazy! First I wanna thank you for all you do!!! Mom, thanks for sending my electric toothbrush!!!!!!!!!!! I about died without it. The normal ones just don't cut it. About the packages...when you send them to the mission home they forward them to me, so either way I'll get them, but they prefer you send them to the mission home so that's the address you have.What happened with Michele????? I didn't hear anything about it. I didn't even know she had any problems and needed surgery. Someone please write me a letter and explain cuz Mark's only had like 6 lines and stopped (I know it didn't end cuz it wasn't a full sentence...but then again it is Mark writing =]...jk), so lemme know what happened.Ok, so I had dinner with a member family and they asked where I was from, so I told them "a small town in Arizona called Saint David, not many people know where it is." and she just looked at her husband and said "See honey! I told you I would meet someone else from Saint David!!!!" I was surprised but not shocked. I already know I can never escape the town and will always be "guilty by association" =]. I guess she had three roommates in college from SD, but could only remember one of their names and guess who it is....you never will so I'll tell you. Gean Gregory! (Or Jean...not sure how she spells her name). She wants her address so she can write her. If you could send it to me that would be fantastic!We taught this man this week.......so weird. I'm pretty sure I'll see lots of people like him, but he was the first so everyone else will be compared to him for the rest of my mission. He loved Joseph Smith's experience and talked about how God appears to people all the time these days, but (his favorite line!!!) "it doesn't matter what religion you are as long as you believe!""Well, the Bible says there is one faith, one Lord, one baptism....that means ONE right answer.""Oh I believe it one hundred percent! It doesn't matter what religion you are as long as you believe."
Lame.\u003cbr /\>I wouldn\'t be surprised if we saw him at some street corner next week preaching from the BofM.\u003cbr /\>I just don\'t get people who love to contradict themselves several times in one sentence \u003d]. It really cracks me up.\u003cbr /\>I met this woman yesterday at the VC and she talked to me for over an hour! Her husband is deaf. They\'ve been married 19 years and she didn\'t know any ASL when they got married! How crazy is that!!! I can\'t imagine not being able to communicate with your spouse. Crazy. Just crazy.\u003cbr /\>Anywho, everything else here is going great! We tracted in the rain (I think I told you that last week, but apparently I liked it \u003d]), have met and talked to lots of people, but not very many people are willing to commit themselves. We did teach this guy the first lesson yesterday and we asked him if he would be baptized when he found for himself that the church is true, and he said yes! He\'s so ready....hopefully he doesn\'t give in to Satan but sticks with what he knows. I think he will though, he\'s soooo humble.\u003cbr /\>I love and miss you all!!! Hope you\'re having a wonderful time without me. I wouldn\'t have it any other way \u003d]. Again, MUCHOS GRACIAS for all you do!!!!!!! You\'re all amazing \u003d]\u003cbr /\>LOVE YOU!!!!\u003cbr /\>~Sister Witbeck~\u003cbr /\>\u003cbr /\>\u003c/div\>",0]
);
//-->
We tried explaining the apostasy and authority about a hundred different ways but nothing would get through his head, so we ended the lesson and my companion gave him a BofM and told him to read it and pray about it. Once again "I know this book is the word of God and I thank you for teaching me more, I can always learn more, but it doesn't matter what religion you are as long as you believe"Lame.I wouldn't be surprised if we saw him at some street corner next week preaching from the BofM.I just don't get people who love to contradict themselves several times in one sentence =]. It really cracks me up.I met this woman yesterday at the VC and she talked to me for over an hour! Her husband is deaf. They've been married 19 years and she didn't know any ASL when they got married! How crazy is that!!! I can't imagine not being able to communicate with your spouse. Crazy. Just crazy.Anywho, everything else here is going great! We tracted in the rain (I think I told you that last week, but apparently I liked it =]), have met and talked to lots of people, but not very many people are willing to commit themselves. We did teach this guy the first lesson yesterday and we asked him if he would be baptized when he found for himself that the church is true, and he said yes! He's so ready....hopefully he doesn't give in to Satan but sticks with what he knows. I think he will though, he's soooo humble.I love and miss you all!!! Hope you're having a wonderful time without me. I wouldn't have it any other way =]. Again, MUCHOS GRACIAS for all you do!!!!!!! You're all amazing =]LOVE YOU!!!!

~Sister Witbeck~