Oh my goodness!!!! This week has been sooooo good. We haven't really taught very much, and people like to invite us and then not answer their phones so we can't set an appointment, but I know the Lord is helping us to find those who are truly interested, and no matter how many doors are shut on us (which has happened a LOT this last week cuz we're working on finding people), or how many people actually run away (hahaha cracks me up!) it's SO worth it when we meet someone who really wants to know and is hungry to learn more. Really, I think I'm gonna make a list of all the excuses people say and find ways around it. We were trackting and we told this woman the message (she was just taking her dog outside for a walk...a pug of some sorts, not much bigger than Witte) and she said "oh no, I can't listen, don't come any closer! the dog is dangerous, and she's with me always!!!! We invited her to the visitor's Center and went on our merry way suppressing laughter till she was out of hearing. If I were going to make up an excuse I'd at least try and think of something reasonable =].I am doing really well right now! I couldn't ask for more. Our apartment was just sprayed a few days ago (there were bed bugs when I got there...whole new meaning to the "goodnight don't let the bed bugs bite" saying), so everything is wonderful. If you want to send me anything you can send me food that I can microwave or canned stuff. Something that would be quick. I find that a can of chili mixed with mac n cheese is really good, or lately I've mixed it with the noodles from ramen packets. It lasts longer =].Last Sunday a hugh group of deaf people came into the VC. I was so excited to sign again!!! I really miss it. That night was a "why I believe" that they have every month where someone talks about their testimony and why they believe. This month I got to interpret for the deaf elders, and a few members of the deaf ward (one of them was my teacher at the MTC so it was nice to see him).Now that I've been here for 2 weeks I am allowed to give tours by myself at the VC. It'll be really nice =]. I love meeting all the different kinds of people there!We have two investigators that we are going to have set a baptismal date, one is thinking about it, and we haven't told the other one yet, but she is so prepared. She told us last week "I know God sent you sisters to me for a reason, and every time I go to church I feel so good...I don't know why, but I'm gonna find out." Of course we told her that we are here to help her find her purpose and that she is on the right path. We're gonna teach her the 2nd lesson Friday and ask her about a baptismal date. I'm so excited =D.Anyways, tell the Sitts sisters thank you for the mail they send. They're so sweet =]. Well, I'm out of things to say. Time goes so fast here, and I barely remember what happens from day to day. I hope you are all having a wonderful time! I love and miss you!!!!!
~Sister Witbeck~
Mission Address
Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823
witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823
witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net