I just got back from sports day. It was the BEST thing ever!!!! Some of us played ultimate frisbee (I'm super out of shape now!) and we ate hot dogs and hamburgers cooked by president Mansell himself. I got to see the deaf elders and we chatted pretty much the whole time. First time I've signed in a month; it felt good. It was so much fun! I don't have much to say this week. Same ol' same ol'. I LOVED conference. President Eyring....doesn't that just roll off the tongue =]. So many talks were amazing. I really loved how much member missionary work was mentioned....a lot. It is soooo important for the members (that's you =]) to do missionary work! This work succeeds best when the members are involved. So, do it. If you truly love the savior than no one could stop you from sharing the gospel. Think on that. This gospel is full of miracles! We have a prophet on the earth! We have scriptures that we can carry around with us at all times! We know who God is, and that he loves us! We know what eternity is about! We know we can repent and be forgiven! Those are all wonderful miracles that are passed off as everyday nothings, but we need to be grateful for these miracles in our lives! All of you should do as Pres. Eyring suggests and write down the miracles in your life at the end of each day. Recognize them and be grateful for them. That crazy lady we met last week...Barbara. Well, we taught her last night about the Word of Wisdom and she wants to be free of the stuff that she's doing, so we took her lighters. She had smoked her last cigarette before we got there, so she promised she wasn't gonna buy more. Anyways we called her today and she was so happy she decided to quit, and wants us to call her everyday to check up, and she wants to go to church on sunday. There a lot of things she doesn't understand cuz she used to do drugs and that really messed her up, but after following the W.o.W. her mind will clear up, and she'll start to understand the gospel more. It's so exciting to see someone who really wants to change their life. The Lord loves all of his children so much! He always watches out for them, and supports them.Thank you so much for all you do! I love you all =].
~Sister Witbeck~
Mission Address
Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823
witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823
witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net