Ok, so not as many exciting things happened this week, but it was still amazing =]. I'm at the VC almost every night which equates to seeing many miracles daily. A deaf man came into the VC last night and Sis. Schoney (the other sister who signs but is in the Spanish program) and I had him watch Witness of Christ which is like 9 minutes long and is about the Savior's ministry in Jerusalem and his appearance in the Americas. Afterwards we told him that he could have a free copy of the BofM so he could read it and know for himself, anyways, he said: "I already have a BofM but I want to know how I can have missionaries come and visit me. I'm curious about the church and want to know more." That's what I call someone who is prepared to receive! As Sister Schoney was filling out the card for him to have the missionaries (his handwriting was a little shaky so whe was writing for him) he turned to me and asked "how did you learn to think positive?" I didn't really know what to answer him so I said "I just do""Through God right?" he asked."Yes! Through God."He looked at me so seriously and said "I want to learn to think more positive." It was so sweet and not what I was expecting him to say, he just has such a desire to be better! So I just told him that the missionaries will help him to think more positive and be happy for the rest of his life. Little stories like this one happen everyday during Festival of Lights. Every sister has had a myriad of miracles because God sends those He has prepared to feel the spirit and there's no better time than this Christmas season. It's so fun!!! Every night is a free concert for people and I've had the opportunity to usher for a few of them so far. Marvin Goldstein came the first 2 nights, and many other singing and musical groups. Some....not as good as others, but there's something for everyone.One night a member gave me 20 people to call and offer the BofM to. 20! That's a lot of people! He's some football player for something cuz he gave me his parents, uncles, grandma, his agent, his best friend, and many other friends and acquaintances. Most of them have accepted to have the missionaries bring the BofM and share it with them. Members can do so much if they will just try. Sharing is caring =]When I call home for Christmas I have a max of 45 min. I don't know when I will be able to call cuz we haven't been told that info yet, but I can only call mom and dad, so if you're at home great! I can talk to you, if not....then I still love you anyways.Also, Christmas eve and Christmas night 8 sisters will be putting on a concert for people (me being among them). It's gonna be so fun!!! There are so many SUPER talented sisters here it's incredible. Anywho my point is that I think they are going to record it so I'm gonna try to get a copy to send home to you.Well, that's all folks. I hope you all have a wonderful week! Love you lots =D
~Sister Witbeck~
Mission Address
Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823
witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823
witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net