Ok, so Anna's baptism went really well! She was scared (of course) but no one dropped her and she remembered to bring dry underwear so it's all good =]. I'm sending one chip home with my Christmas package which has something for everyone...believe it or not, nothing fancy, but I figured I may as well since I'm here and you're all there.It snowed yesterday!!!!! Although it was a little disappointing cuz the cars were grounded, which means we were not allowed to drive anywhere so no driving to the area to proselyte =[. However we were allowed to drive to the VC for our evening shift, so I got to drive in the snow! Don't worry, we're still alive. In fact you've never seen a more cautious driver in your life! When we got to the VC we found that the concert was cancelled, Mary and Joseph from the live nativity were not coming and about 38 people had come all day (normally we have a few hundred by that time), so they sent a bunch of sisters back home, us being part of those who left. We took some pics in the snow before leaving then had a party of hot chocolate and mission stories. Gotta love the mission =].OH! I almost forgot to tell you. I met Elder Oaks last Thursday night. He called all the sisters to one of the smaller rooms and shook each of our hands as he said hello, looked at our name tags, then looked at our faces. He told us to never feel inadequate (which is definitely inspired cuz that's a huge problem especially among the sisters), and that faith and obedience are what we need to have to get the spirit. He also called us his fellow servants and said "I would rather spend time with you than all the diplomats of the world. The happiness that the gospel brings shines from your faces and fills me with joy." He is so down to earth! I love it. During the event that night Pres. Packer talked to the audience and mentioned how the turning on of the Christmas lights symbolizes the resurrection of the savior and the light of Christ that is in each of us, then he called on Elder Oaks to bear his testimony. E. Oaks just bore simple testimony of the Plan of Salvation. That there is a God and we are his children. He loves us, and wants us to return to him. We have a purpose in this life and if we follow His gospel then we can live with him forever. As I was listening I realized that truly is the best message for anyone to share. He didn't expound on the scriptures, or say anything new. He just simply stated the message that I have been called to share and that I share everyday. The same spirit that leads and guides him is the same one I follow everyday. It was an amazing night =]That's about it! I LOVE the snow, but not the cold. I am so blessed to be at the VC so I don't have to be out all day in the cold. I have a nice warm haven to rest in....ok, maybe not "rest" but at least to shelter me. We are fed dinner at the VC everyday from different wards in the area, so since you sent me those boxes of food I have not bought anything (except milk and bread). That's going on 3 months! Crazy! I still have food left from those. Anywho, I hope you have a wonderful week! Don't forget to have a missionary experience this month. I love you all!
~Sister Witbeck~
Mission Address
Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823
witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823
witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net