About Me

I have been called on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I will be in the Washington D.C. North mission for American Sign Language as well as the Visitor's Center. I am super excited for this opportunity to serve the Lord for the next 18 months of my life and hope to be the best missionay possible!

Mission Address

Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823

witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Yeah for missionary work!

This week has been full of planning for Anna's baptism, finding new people to teach, and handing out our festival of lights pass along cards like candy to a 3 year old. The VC looks so great with all the Christmas decorations! We had a choir come last night to practice for this weekend, and hearing all the Christmas songs really made me miss singing them with you, but I'm so glad that December will be a busy month, so starting tomorrow I will hardly have any time to even think about anything, not to mention home, then the season will be over and on to a new year =].I haven't seen any deaf people since last week. I trust that I'll serve that part of my mission in due time, but right now I'm needed where I am, and the area is very successful so I'm having a lot of really good experiences and learning a lot about everything. Next week my P-day will be cut short so my letter may not contain all the details you would wish, but I'll still write =].Tomorrow we have Pres. Packer and Elder Oaks coming to the VC! We don't know yet if we are actually going to meet them or not. I'll just have to let you know next week. That is so cool!! They are coming to give 2 new sealers the sealing power, and are planning on coming for both ambassador's nights (Tonight and Thursday night). I'll only be there tomorrow night, but I'll let you know what happens.Anywho, that's about it, just continuing to learn adn grow and be a missionary. There are definitely some powerful lessons the Lord is teaching me right now, and I'm so grateful to have this opportunity, and also grateful for your letters and support. I love and miss you all!!! Have a wonderful week =D

~Sister Wister Witbeck~