Ok, so my new companion is incredible! This area is being transformed as I write this. It's amazing the miracles we have seen in the last week...just small things but they are fantastic miracles! First, we went to visit a less active (we had no info about them at all), and a woman answered the door and told us she was not a member but her mother-in-law is, so whe went upstairs to get her. A few minutes later she came down with her and told us "um, she's deaf so I don't know..."as she trailed off I got really excited and just started signing to Sis Ramis (the mother). Apparently her son is a LA in my ward and she and her husband (both deaf) are LA in the deaf branch! Crazy! They are painting their house, so we are going back to help them paint, and see what we can teach them =]. The Lord loves us so much! It's been amazing to see what He does for those who love Him and serve Him and are obedient. That's one miracle, the other is an even bigger one! A man and a woman came to the VC yesterday, and they obviously were together but also, obviously didn't know each other. She was coming to the temple and he (Pascal) was just coming to visit, and I was super confused, but asked him if he wanted a tour and he did so I took him around the VC and basically taught him the first lesson, then I gave him a temple tour (really we have the pics of the different rooms in the temple and we tell people about what the temple is, and why we go, and why it's important...that's what "temple tour" means), and in the middle they told me their story. ....ahem....She had gotten on the wrong metro and was on it for hours trying to get back to the one she could get to the temple on. When she finally found the right one she realized she needed 5 cents, so she turned to the man next to her (Pascal) and asked for 5 cents. He gave it to her and she told him she was going to the temple and invited him to come along, he said "I felt something inside me tell me to go, so I went." Then they showed up at the VC not really knowing what to do. 2 days ago he almost witnessed a murder and he said he was really amazed that he was standing there listening to me tell him about God and His gospel. I just told him that God wanted him to be there to hear about this message, and there is a reason why he ended up at the VC. Anyways, so he filled out a card to have missionaries come to his home to teach him, and went to watch the "Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration" movie while the girl went to the temple (she is a RM by the way). While he was in the movie I looked up the address where he lived and guess what?!?!? It's in MY AREA!!!!! Which means that my comp and I are the ones going to teach him! I was so excited and humbled. When he came out of the movie I told him the good news and set up an appointment to go teach him for tonight =]. He is so humble and really wants to learn. I can't wait to teach him and see him progress. I am also sincerely humbled that the Lord would trust me and my companion enough to send hum straight to us. It's not just another person who came to the VC just to learn, but all the people that are involved with the whole thing just boggles my mind! The woman who invited him (just think if she had decided not to go to the temple that day, or not to invite Pascal to go with her, or had gotten on a different metro), Pascal himself (if he had decided not to go with a strange woman to learn about a different religion), myself (if I had not been where I was supposed to be at that time, or didn't follow the spirit in teaching him at the VC)...the Lord was able to work through all of us because of our faith and righteousness in bringing His son to know of His goodness and mercy. When we are obedient and doing what we need to be doing when we need to be doing it, then the Lord can send prepared people our way. It has nothing to do with any work I did. I didn't tell him to come to the VC, or find him on the street, he came and wanted to learn. That's what the Lord does! As a missionary I just need to be obedient and work work work, and the Lord will put those He has prepared in my path. I am just amazed at the love God has shown us this week, and cannot wait to see Pascal in white!!!Moral of the story---ALWAYS invite people. No matter what it is. If you invite them, they can make their own decision and if they are prepared the Lord will make sure everything else happens they way it's supposed to.I hope that story made sense. It was an amazing week, and I'm out of time so I will write again later =]. Have a fabulous week!!!! Love you all =]
~Sister Witbeck~
Mission Address
Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823
witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823
witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net