About Me

I have been called on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I will be in the Washington D.C. North mission for American Sign Language as well as the Visitor's Center. I am super excited for this opportunity to serve the Lord for the next 18 months of my life and hope to be the best missionay possible!

Mission Address

Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823

witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Missionary lingo hehehe

For those of you who didn't understand the meaning of LA in my last letter, sorry for not explaining. LA is Less-Active.Now for this week....nothing too new just more miracles and lots of new investigators. We are teaching a family (which is REALLY cool!). Normally we teach older single people or part of a family, but we found this family through a member and they are all pretty interested, so we'll see how the spirit works with them and if they are ready right now. I LOVE that I'm not working alone. Now only do I have an incredible companion, but the spirit works through me so all I need to do is follow it. Easier said than done I know, but I'm learning slowly. As I'm obedient to the commandments, follow mission rules and just work my hardest that's when I see miracles and know the spirit is gonna take over when it needs to.I really like the VC because the spirit is already here and people come to us. We don't have to find them on the streets, however we still have to "sift" (find out if they're really interested or not). I think what I love most about teaching the gospel is that I can be blunt and just tell them how it is because it's the truth. If they are truly ready to receive the gospel then they will recognize the truth and will make and keep commitments and follow the commandments.Sis. Baxter (my comp) got a letter from her dad (who is a member of the 70 by the way--Elder David Baxter), in which he answered some questions she posed in her last email, of how we can work better with members and LA's (remember??? hehehe). So he wrote a pretty incredible 7 page letter with a few new ideas for us to try. I'm really excited to implement them. I guess I may as well start with you =]. We are always asking for referrals from people because that is the best way to find new investigators, but we need to go about it in an intelligent way and so far we haven't found one until......yup, you guessed it; the conference talk letter. D&C 35:12 says: "And there are none that doeth good except those who are ready to receive the fulness of my gospel, which I have sent forth unto this generation." SO......who do you know that is a really good person??? Those are the people that the Lord has prepared to receive the fulness of the gospel. It doesn't say they will accept it, but that they are ready to receive it. Think about that my wonderful family (and friends =]). Don't shirk in your responsibility to share the wonderful gift Heavenly Father has blessed you with. Give those good people you know the opportunity to at least make their own decisions about whether they want to accept or not, but show the Lord He can trust you by inviting them. As you invite others and trust the Lord (as well as show Him He can trust you) He will put more people in your path for you to touch and bless. Those people you are thinking of right now as you read this are people that you should invite. Whether you want to invite them to listen to the missionaries, receive a free video, read the Book of Mormon, or go to church is between you and the spirit, but you must do your part and invite them. Be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity (1 Tim. 4:12). I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the power of God unto salvation, and neither should you be ashamed of it. Share it. Believe it. Live it. I love and miss you all!!! Have a FANTASTIC week!

~Sister Witbeck~