Wonderful! My P-day is tomorrow but because it is thanksgiving and the libraries will be closed we are allowed to email today. This morning I went to the city for the first time! It was for a service project that the mission does every year with the salvation army. Way cool because the years before we were never allowed to proselyte but this year they told us to go for it, so we talked to tons of people. Basically it was a charity thanksgiving dinner for a bunch of homeless people (they were expecting about 4000 peeps...I dunno how many ended up coming but it was a lot of people!). It was at the Washington DC Convention Center. We stripped turkey for about 3 hours then we served it. We talked to many of the other volunteers, and lots of people on the metro. I LOVE the metro....crazy, but I think it's cool. Of course I've never been on it before so that's probably why =]. The table behind the one we were serving had some deaf people there, so I talked to them and invited them to go to the VC. One man offered me a job in DC (hehehe), and the other knows a lot about the church, and said he's not realy religious but told me a story of how he found out he couldn't kiss sister missionaries! Hahahaha it was quite interesting, not to mention awkward =]. There we go with the bluntness of deaf people. LOVE it! Plus I found some on the metro on the way home, so I talked to them as well. It was a good morning.One of our investigators is getting baptized!!!!! Yay! She told us on Sunday (Mom's b-day =]), and set her date for Dec. 2nd. She's been ready for a long time but hadn't figured it out till now. Her name is Anna Munoz-Lair from central america, and she is amazing! She's just ready to commit to everything cuz she knows this is Gods church. She's been going to church almost every sunday since May. It's about time she's baptized!Emails may get really short during Dec because we have the festival of lights and we are going to be super busy. Sometimes we won't even have a full p-day. It'll end at about 3 instead of 6, so I'll probably end up not even reading your emails till after I write (You know just print them to read them later), so if you ask me questions in the email don't expect an answer right away cuz I probably won't have time to read it.Anyway, that's about it. I hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving!!! Love to all =]
~Sister Witbeck~
Mission Address
Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823
witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823
witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net