Ok, so I am in my same area (Derwood) but with a new companion and she is amazing! Her name is Sis. Baxter and she's from England so that's fun. She's been in the singles wards her whole mission...never in a family ward so we are excited about all the changes we will make in this area in trying to get the members excited about the gospel, it is going to be fantastic! We got 6 new sisters here yesterdayand among them is Sis Nelson who was in mission prep with me (soooo exciting =]), AND another sister in the Spanish program who knows how to sign!!! As soon as she's trained.....she's mine!! Mwa ha ha ha. I really think we could be in the ASL program together (really just wishful thinking, but it could happen =]). Finally saw the ASL elders again. It's been well over a month since I have signed with a deaf person, that makes for awkward hands, but it worked out, the spirit made up for what I lacked and the extremely shy investigator felt the spirit. Progress in the work, that's what it's about, progress.This week we went to visit a man we had tracted into, and he wasn't home, but his roommate was and he told us to come back and teach him that night, so we taught him about the restoration and he seems so sincere, we're going back to teach him on Saturday and commit him to prepare for baptism. I'm so excited for all the new things that are going to happen in this area! Sister Baxter is exactly what these people need, and many miracles are going to occur I just know it =]. Well, I love and miss you all! Hope you all have a wonderful week! Kiss the temple for me =D
~Sister Witbeck~
Mission Address
Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823
witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823
witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net