Ok, so this week has been awesome pants =]. That's the phrase this transfer. Sis. Trehet says it in a perfect American accent, so I think it's really funny! Yes dad, she has a French accent. I only wish I could get away with half the things she does and says. Oh, gotta love the Frenchies.It's really hard to find singles because you can't just go tracking for new investigators. You have to find them on the street and just pray and pray for inspiration for where to go. We have been very blessed this week though and we've found a few new investigators that are sincere, now all we have to do is prepare them for baptism....that's the interesting part =], but it'll happen. I think one thing I'm learning is how to really exercise my faith. Before I knew about faith, what it is and the principle of how to use it, but I never really practiced it. Now I'm starting to realize how to live it in practice and not just principle. It takes so much energy but it's so worth it. Faith is incredible when you match it with hope (the hope that expects miracles) and love. Paul was certainly right when he said there's nothing greater than faith, hope and charity. People can build a trusting relationship within minutes when they truly feel you are sincere in your love for them and it makes them more willing to "try" our message. People are so interesting! I wish I could get into their minds, but I can't, so I rely on the spirit and I've had so many experiences that show me the power that comes from the gift of discernment. There's so much more to the gospel than I thought before and I'm so excited to continue learning about it for the rest of eternity! An hour a day is definitely not enough for me to study.Anyways, how are all of you doing?!? Thanks to those of you who have sent me letters. I really do appreciate it. Mom, to answer your question...I dunno how Elder Stover's mission is, but here-since I'm not in the ASL program-I'm only allowed to teach English. If we happen to find deaf people we give their info to the deaf elders and that's it. I haven't ever been able to teach anyone that's deaf. However, we just found a new investigator this week who is hearing but most of his family is deaf (from Ethiopia), so as we're teaching him and his brother maybe we can help prepare his family for the deaf elders and show them what the gospel is about by serving and loving them. We'll see where that goes. I talked to the mom for a little bit, and she said the sign language in Ethiopia is mostly the same as here (cuz a lot of it is borrowed from America) but she's still learning. Her sons (Ephraim and Henock) only know a little cuz she speaks to them in Amharic. Crazy! She speaks a completely different language and yet we can communicate through sign language. I just think that's awesome. Ephraim and Henock are also still learning English so it'll be rough teaching them...I'm not sure how much of a language barrier they have but thank goodness the spirit is something you feel and the words we say don't really matter too much.Well, I hope you all have a fantastic week!!! Love and miss you.
~Sister Witbeck~
AWESOME PANTS!
Mission Address
Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823
witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823
witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net