drum roll please.......University Park, the singles ward! I am so excited! Yay for 18-30 =]. It's going to be so much fun. Actual moving was yesterday so I arrived at my new apartment last night and we had a dinner appointment with one of the recent converts and guess where we went?!?!? OLIVE GARDEN!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it! Obviously, it's a good sign to go to your favorite restaurant the first night in your new area =]. Jason, the recent convert, brought his roommate, Joe (also a member of the church) and during dinner Joe confessed that he didn't believe in the church anymore (that was also a nice welcome to the area =]), and he went off on many very confusing thoughts about who God "might" be and where he "may have" come from, and he just thinks too logically. Jason was very good and bore his testimony about God and the church to him. It was so sweet. Spiritual things can never be worked out through logic. He just goes to church he said "because it makes me happy." He explained some psychology thing about how happiness is developed when people have good experiences when they are doing certain things and those become things that make one happy, and even later doing those same things brings back that original feeling of happiness.....anyways it was weird, but he goes to church cuz he liked it at one point and because both of his roommates are members so he also said it's boring to stay home alone. I was so sad for him! I want him to have a testimony so bad, but obviously that's something that has to come from him. I can't do anything but testify and invite. HE has to develop faith and act on it before anything will happen in his life...spiritually.Anyways, my new companion is Sister Trehet (from France!). You say it like tray-ay (but the last "ay" is like tossed out of your throat...it's really fun to say =]). She's awesome! Last night we also went to institute and I got to meet some of the members of the ward. You have no idea how excited I am to work with people my own age!!!!!!!!!!!! Really, in the singles ward in Tucson is where I started thinking about doing missionary work, cuz the elders would give me pass along cards to give away, or they would ask me about my friends and just encourage me to invite them to activities....there's just so many ideas and things going through my mind right now. You can't comprehend my glee at being in this area with this companion.Our area covers about 1/2 the mission and we share the same area with 2 Elders. This will really help me know the mission on a larger scale and help me figure out how to work with a big area. I'm going to learn so much from this transfer!I'm going to terribly miss the members from my last area, but they can always come visit me at the VC. Oh, and to answer your question dad...whenever any of the sisters are transferred we just change areas but we are all always at the VC. EXCEPT, this transfer so many changes happened! Pres opened 2 areas that have full proselyting sisters so we lost 4 sisters from the VC. AND my area was turned into an Elders area...it's kind of weird telling the elders about the apartment (problems with the door locking or the shower head...). That's just weird =]. But, the rest of the sisters are all still at the VC. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be transferred full pros. I told Pres that I would love it, but I'm the only ASL sister at the VC and I'm most likely just going to be there.I terped for the why I believe last Sunday. It was really good....really long, but good nonetheless. Elders Mortenson and Hill (the deaf elders) always ask me when I'm going to join the ASL district every time I see them...haha like I know the answer to that one. Although 2 sisters went to the Chinese program this transfer also, so that gives me hope....but we'll see. In the meantime I am just happy where I am, doing what I'm doing. Just serving and loving. That's all I can do. I just love being here. It's the coolest thing in the world!My new apt is kinda ghetto...ok, really ghetto. Many of the missionary apt's are full of bugs and really old appliances so I'm shocked we don't get sick more often =]. It's good though to toughen our scales =].Well, I love you all so much!!!! Thanks for your love and support.
~Sister Witbeck~
Mission Address
Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823
witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823
witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net