About Me

I have been called on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I will be in the Washington D.C. North mission for American Sign Language as well as the Visitor's Center. I am super excited for this opportunity to serve the Lord for the next 18 months of my life and hope to be the best missionay possible!

Mission Address

Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823

witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ooh-deh-laly

Dinner with Rachel went well (the investigator turned dinner appt). She opened up to us and is having a hard time right now, so we shared some things from the BofM that will help her a lot and asked if we can teach her the lessons. She accepted. However, we were supposed to officially teach her tonight but something came up and her niece is in the hospital so that's not gonna happen, but she did reschedule for next week. Satan is going to try her so hard I just feel it. It'll be rough, but she needs the strength only God can give her through His properly established way.Isaac said he's going to prepare himself to be baptized on May 18th. We're going to teach him later this week so I'm praying he will continue on the path he has decided on =]. That makes me happy.We met with Tina last night....the girl who didn't know a lot about God...and she is amazing. Still thinking about the baptism date we gave her, but she keeps all her other commitments so we continue to teach her. She prayed at the end of the lesson and it was so good! She always gets nervous and feels kinda weird to pray, but her prayers are always so heartfelt. I just keep thinking about the first time she prayed in her life, and her member friend (Steve) who helped her by saying a sentence so she could repeat it. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen!!!!!!! I can't wait to see her make a sacred covenant that she will never regret or forget.Today we only have p-day till 1pm because on Saturday the whole mission is going to a nationals baseball game! They do it every year, so Saturday is going to be a blast to be with other missionaries.I hope you are all doing well. I heard about the 2 temples in Arizona........I thought they would've announced that in General Conference or something?!? Looks a little weird to me, but that's cool! Temples have a HUGE impact on the growth of an area. When the temple was built here there were 3 stakes and 1 mission which covered more than the state. Now (only 40 years later) there are 3 missions and thousands of members in probably about 50 stakes (I'm not exactly sure on the numbers). That's some awesome growth! I'm excited to see what will happen. The gospel continues to go forward and will not be stopped =]. That also makes me happy.Well, have a good week! God keep and bless you.

~Sister Witbeck~