About Me

I have been called on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I will be in the Washington D.C. North mission for American Sign Language as well as the Visitor's Center. I am super excited for this opportunity to serve the Lord for the next 18 months of my life and hope to be the best missionay possible!

Mission Address

Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823

witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Happy mothers day!

well, since I'll be talking to you in a few days I'm not gonna write very much. Nothing new has happened this week. Tina is praying about baptism, and finally opened up to us about her family worries...understandable since all her family is Buddhist or nothing. But I don't worry about her. She's come a LONG way in just 3 months. From knowing nothing about God and never having prayed before in her life to believing in God, recognizing answers to her prayers, reading the book of Mormon and the bible, going to church and institute nearly every week. I mean that's a lot! From nothing to so much and soon to be going on to so much more. I love her so much and can't wait for her to make this important decision, but patience and love are the best ingredients for change.
Well, I'm going to the zoo today with the 2 sisters in the Chinese program (they are the sisters I came here with S. Hamblin and S. Kwun, and who I will be leaving with...of course they are close to my heart =]). I'm excited. I heard it's lame, but I think that depends on who goes. Of course anything will be boring with boring people, but I am expecting to have fun and will do so whether anyone else does or not. It's going to be a good day! Love you lots and will talk to you soon.
~Sister Witbeck~

P.S. Church gets out here at 3pm. I think from there we might drive to the VC and call from there (my comp can call international without using an expensive calling card there). So maybe around 4 my time, which is 1ish your time???? I dunno. Maybe it'll be later. We'll figure out when a good time is for both S. Cardoso and myself then use that. We are allowed to call Saturday night to set a time, so I may do that....Talk to ya then =]