I'm going SOUTH! Yup that's right folks. Full proselyting. 1 1/2 hours from the VC and the only sisters in the zone. Weird. I'm so excited though. I'm going to miss the singles, but I'm not going to miss the bishop who's not excited about missionary work. I worked so hard in that area, and it's being turned over to some incredible missionaries, so I feel good about that. This area is new to sisters, and since today is transfers I don't know anything yet, but I just know it's going to be awesome. My companion is Sister Bishop (what a name huh!), and she's from UTAH! My first American companion! It'll be weird not having to drive and explain words I use and American culture, that means I get to stand behind the car and back her out every time we go anywhere. I've been told that we do service A LOT in this area which means I'll get a tan =]. I can't wait to tell you about my experiences. No more part time job on the mission!Pres said he still has to get permission from Salt Lake for me to stay till Jan 2, so most likely, but he'll let me know. He's also working on getting an ASL sister here. He doesn't know when, but soon he will.....hopefully.I'm now living in Waldorf, MD. It's hick town, so I'll probably feel like I'm back in Arizona...Benson or Tombstone to be exact =]. I am stoked to have personal and companionship study everyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's one thing I really want. Also, I can do my language study because Sister Bishop knows a little ASL, and I heard there's a less active deaf woman in our ward. Mwa ha ha ha just you wait, she won't be less active for long. Training just wears you out in every way, and since I've been with Sister Cardoso for 2 transfers my body and mind are just tired. Sister Bishop did the same thing (with the other Brazilian sister) and she said this area is perfect for post training mothers. I can't wait to get in there. Plus we have our own washer and dryer (no more quarters!!!!!!!), and we each have our own bathroom, AND the members feed us all the time and give us referrals. That's what it's supposed to be like!Ok, now that I've definitely expressed how much I can't wait for things to get moving I'm gonna go. I hope you all have a wonderful week and I'll talk to ya next time. Thanks for stopping by ;-]
~Sister Witbeck~
Mission Address
Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823
witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823
witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net