About Me

I have been called on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I will be in the Washington D.C. North mission for American Sign Language as well as the Visitor's Center. I am super excited for this opportunity to serve the Lord for the next 18 months of my life and hope to be the best missionay possible!

Mission Address

Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823

witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Healing waters

I've decided this area needs to be called healing waters because that's just what it does. I have never felt so free and productive on the mission till now. It's never been better. I'm probably going to be here for 2 transfers seeing as it's enough to be trained in the area, then train another missionary in the area before I leave it. Pres. hasn't let anyone stay longer than 3 months (2 transfers) and definitely won't let anyone end their mission here. All sisters will end at the VC, so I will be back there probably in Aug/Sept. Basically I'm on a summer spree. I love this area! It's in the country so everyone has a hick accent =] which I adore. The ward loves the missionaries and I just hope I can keep their trust and the momentum that's been established by previous sisters.Last week we had 3 individual investigators, a family and a couple less active people at church! Yesterday we had zone conference and Elder Hardy (sp?) area authority 70 spoke to us. He talked about this mission how it's the capitol of the world, and we have a wonderful opportunity to meet and associate with many different cultures and peoples...which is true. I've met someone from every country of Europe, most of Asia, Africa, and the Americas. I'm going to look back on this experience with gratitude and awe I'm sure.Everything here is great, I hope you are all doing well! I enjoy getting letters so THANKS! to those of you who send me letters. I'm trying to find time to write back, so don't give up hope. You'll get one eventually =]. Please take every opportunity to love those around you a little more. Pick one thing you know you should be doing and work on it this week. As you do so you will feel a more powerful spirit enter your life and you will find a greater feeling of love in your families. I can promise you that in the name of the Lord because I am His servant and have been blessed with His authority for this short period in my life. Love and miss ya! Have a fantastic week =]

~Sister Witbeck~
Moroni 8:3