About Me

I have been called on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I will be in the Washington D.C. North mission for American Sign Language as well as the Visitor's Center. I am super excited for this opportunity to serve the Lord for the next 18 months of my life and hope to be the best missionay possible!

Mission Address

Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823

witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net

Monday, June 16, 2008

"And it was as a lake of fire and brimstone"

Summer has officially hit. I've melted off about 500 lbs daily. You'd never believe someone could melt off more weight than they are till now. Yes, I'm turning inside out. The last week it's been in the upper 90's and lower 100's, PLUS humidity. I feel like the judgements of God are upon the people in this area...Last Saturday my comp and I went to a LA man in our ward and mowed his lawn, or what seemed to be closest to his house that we could call a lawn since he owns a farm of 40 acres. S. Bishop had an old lawn mower and I took the weed whacker and we went at it for about 3 hours. I've never sweat that much in my life. It just dripped off! GROSS! My back dripped for the first time and I looked at S. Bishop with the most horrified face she's ever seen, and of course she just laughed at me. That's one thing I'm not going to get used to =[. Although I do like getting into pants and working outside.Anywho, enough about the heat =], now about the amazing area! Last Sunday was Stake Conference and a part member family came. The wife (who's not a member) came up to us afterwards, gave us her info and said "I want you to come over this summer. I'll have time to actually sit down and study and I want to hopefully get baptized." the reply was something like "I think we can help you with that" wink wink. I'm excited for that one. She's awesome, and her son plays cello and is playing for a YM/YW talent show during a ward party this weekend and couldn't find anyone to play the piano part of some Hayden cello concerto. She called and asked if I can accompany him. Of course! I haven't done anything like that for a long time, so I hope I still have the skill, but it'll be fun.The thunder storms here are incredible! I love it!!!! And we ate dinner the other night on the beach =]. Our area goes from the petuxent river on the East side to the Potomac on the West. It's crazy fun.Well, I hope you all have a wonderful week! Stay cool =] I know it's hot there too...but at least it's not humid where you're just wet and sticky all day long. Love y'all!

~Sister Witbeck~