Hey y'all!So here's the didly-o. I talked to Pres. about 2 things last interview.1: going home Jan. 2, and2:Going to the ASL program (I'm sure he's sick of this conversation =])First things first. 1: He said YES! I'm so excited. He still has to get permission from Salt Lake cuz I'm a sister and to extend in any amount permission from the big dogs must be granted, but it's only a week and neither he nor I see any problem with it. Festival ends Jan 1st (that's the official last night of all concerts) and I will be released, or as Pres. put it "kicked outta here" Jan 2nd. (little does he know I'm staying FOREVER!!! mwa ha ha ha). So make plans as you can and keep me updated. I dunno what you really want to do, but I just want to visit Virginia (Arlington) and Penn (Gettysburg).2: Pres said he wants to send me ASL but has no one to pair me with (...not really true...) so I told him to transfer a sister from another mission. He says he didn't know he could do that (but we've told him before), so this time I'm following up like there's no tomorrow. There's 5 ASL sisters in Oregon and 1 could easily be transferred here and still leave a proper work force there. I would wish for my MTC comp, but I don't think that would happen =]. Long story short, he's going to work on it, and may know in the next couple weeks. Transfers are next week, so I wouldn't go this transfer, but maybe the next one. Who knows...maybe never. But it's worth a shot.This week has been good. We taught a girl the first lesson and invited her to be baptized. She accepted, but didn't come to church. I tell you what. This is the mystery of my mission. How to help people understand that baptism is a privilege and a responsibility. Obviously only those who are humble will recognize that, but there are so many people who have so much desire and little or no action. God does not bless lazy people and He certainly will not sanctify one who does not sacrifice their heart. That includes those who aren't members of the church as well as those who are; YOU.I'm going to the zoo again today. When we went 2 weeks ago we didn't have enough time to go to the Amazon part (which is very important to my comp) so we're going to see that. Adios! I hope your week goes well. Love you!!
~Sister Witbeck~
=Don't be lazy, be cRaZy=