About Me

I have been called on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I will be in the Washington D.C. North mission for American Sign Language as well as the Visitor's Center. I am super excited for this opportunity to serve the Lord for the next 18 months of my life and hope to be the best missionay possible!

Mission Address

Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823

witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Change....

Well, I got transferred. I am going to miss White Plains II ward sooooo much! I learned so much too about faith, prayer, diligence, obedience, it's all the small principles that are so important and change everything about you. I am changed from 3 months ago. It's kinda a cool feeling to be able to recognize the ways in which I've changed and improved. I've still got a long way to go, but I'm at least making progress =]. I loved those people more than I have ever loved anything. Yes I cried, and might be a little bitter for a few days...jk, I won't. I'll miss it but I'm excited for my new area. My new comp is another Brazilian! Her name is Sister Ferreira (sounds like Fa-hair-ah). She is new, in fact this is her 2nd transfer so hopefully I don't give her any bad habits she'll keep for the rest of her life =]. We are in Bethesda/Chevy Chase MD (right next to DC), which is a very rich area, and almost dead right now for missionary work, but we'll get it moving. I'm expecting miracles to happen, so it's going to be a rockin' joy ride. We live in a church. Yes, you read that right, a church building. Not next to it, but inside the church. It's really weird, but way cool. That means for exercize in the morning we have a basketball court, and many pianos =] I gotta exercize my fingers as well as my body. This also means that I'm back at the Visitors' Center. I don't think I'm ready for that mentally, but it's not like I can hold off on it. You just kinda get plunged into everything, so I'll have to get over it and learn to like it....again. Jean Taylor was baptized last Sunday =]. She is so cool!!!! Her baptism was the best thing I've been to in a while. Her husband has been waiting for this day for 10 years. They have a goal to go to the temple in a year, so I'm definitely coming back for that. Other than that I don't really know anything about my new area yet, I just met my comp an hour ago (she came while I was south so I never met her). She sounds exactly like Sister Cardoso though which makes me really excited =]. I love that girl. OH! AND Sister Cardoso is training!!!! Which makes me a grandma in mission time. I'm so excited for her trainee (daughter). She is the most humble sister I've ever met, and they will just love each other. Maybe I'll take a "family photo" and send it to you next week or so. I hope you are all doing well! I have no idea what's going on there, but I trust God is watching over you. I love you all.

~Sister Witbeck~

lml/

--Don't be lazy, be CRAZY!!!--

----Moroni 8:3----