HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DECEMBER BABIES! Cristhian Enrique Medrano was baptized Sunday! He's so cute. Of course we took tons of pics and Pres. and Sister Mansell ever showed up (my mission Pres and his wife). Lots of Branch members stayed to support so it was a good day. Cristhian looked so good in his suit pants, white shirt and tie! We found all at Walmart for under 30 dollars. And we bought them a little big so he can grow into them over the next few months since he's aparently grown out of a lot of his clothes lately. We ate thanksgiving dinner at the Pres.'s home. It was intense. He's a really good cook so it was a gourmet meal. We spent the rest of the evening at the VC where hardly anyone came in....but I got some practicing done. S. Hamblin plays the harp, so we are going to play in the bleak midwinter with the harp and cello, but we're writing our own parts to make it sound cool, and I'm really excited about it. Ambassador's nights are tmrw and Friday =]. We got our schedule for next week and we have about 3 hours in our area to teach people out of the whole week. That's insane!!!!! Of course we filled that up right away, and have passed Cristhian over to the elders to continue to teach him because by the time he gets out of school, we are already at the VC, and may not have time when he gets to his break, so it'll be better for the elders to take care of him. We are also passing some of our other investigators to them during December because we do not have time to teach them. The elders work with all the Gallaudet students and since some of our people go to that school they see each other there, so those are the ones we are passing. They can be in their area and still teach our people. I'm so glad we have a way to pass them to other missionaries and not just drop 'em till we have time. That's lame. Anywho, even though festival is crazy busy it's gonna be loads of fun. We have dinner provided every night for us, so I think all I'm going to buy this month are a few cans of soup and cereal and milk =]. can never get enough of that! At the end of everyones mission here they have to give a dying testimony in a few of our meetings (you usually give about 4) and I gave my first one yesterday. It was really weird. I still have a month! I'm not dead yet. =]. Plus the next month is going to be one of the most busy of my life so far. Mom and dad, are you flying here or driving? I need to know so I can figure out if I need to get rid of stuff and send home some boxes or just pack everything up. I think the only plan I have after friday is to go to something at the VC with you. It can be that Friday night or Saturday night...doesn't matter. Also, Friday morning all the sisters have a training meeting together and I think it'd be cool if you could come. It'll probably be at 9am. Usually it's 8-10am but because festival runs so late we only do it from 9-10. anywho plan on that, and I think we will just leave after the meeting. I can show you around the VC, or we can just take off. Completely up to you, as long as you see our exhibit here (unless you saw it in Mesa) it's called Reflections of Christ and it's INCREDIBLE!!!!!! you just have to see it. Anyway, I love and miss you all. Have a good forst week of December!!!
~Sister Witbeck~ lml/
--Don't be lazy, be CRAZY!!!--
----Moroni 8:3----
Mission Address
Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823
witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823
witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net