About Me

I have been called on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I will be in the Washington D.C. North mission for American Sign Language as well as the Visitor's Center. I am super excited for this opportunity to serve the Lord for the next 18 months of my life and hope to be the best missionay possible!

Mission Address

Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823

witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net

Friday, July 11, 2008

Back to the Frenchies

Well, transfers were today and my comp is another Frenchie =]. Her name is S. Mourier (Moore-ee-ay). She's great. She was just in the other full pros area for sisters 2 transfers ago so I don't need to break that into her, just the area. I'm going to miss S. Bishop, but I'm excited for all the miracles this transfer will bring. There are 4 people I want to see baptized....we're gonna work on preparing them so if you can please pray for Darlene, Christian, Jean and Kathryn. We've invited Darlene 2 times and she's praying about it now, Jean told us she wants to get baptized (that was the woman after stake conference a few weeks ago who is going to call us this week), Christian wants to...but doesn't have hardly any time and really needs to commit himself before I'm gonna take it that far, and Kathryn is a new investigator from last week who is awesome! Anyways, so pray for them and it'll happen I just know it. This area is amazing. I went to the VC this morning to pick up my new comp and I realized why I love the South so much.....basically I don't ever want to go back, but I know I will in a few months so I'm gonna have to prep myself somehow. Maybe you should pray for me too ;-].We have some people in crazy situations. One Less active lives above a bar and works there, so Bishop told us to tromp right on in there and get her....don't know how comfortable I am with that, so we just call her and she meets us outside. An investigator lost her house so she now lives in a shelter, and there are so many broken marriages and lives. I'm glad I'm not God. I worry enough about these people who are FEW compared to the world. Did I tell you I had my heart broken last week?? maybe it was the week before that. I dunno, but the Hatcher's (a less active/part member family) decided not to come back to church after trying it one time. Lame. I guess they got too overwhelmed. That one hurt. Anywho, other than that I'm doing great =]. I can't wait to take my new comp to my haven --the beach--.OH! Mom you'd be so proud of me. On the 4th we went to a members home and ate Maryland blue crabs. Yes I had to crack the darn thing open and eat it from the shell, and yes you have to move the brains and intestines out of the way to get to the meat. Basically....it was not good. It was alright, but I don't think I ever want to eat it again. It's the only food that negative in calories because you have to work so much to get so little meat and by the time you're done with this huge crab and eaten all 3 tablespoons of meat inside you're more hungry than when you started! I'm ok with dissecting things, but I'm not used to eating what I'm dissecting, so that was a new experience...prebably the first and the last.I hope you all have a wonderful week! Love ya, and happy 9th of July =]


~Sister Witbeck~

lml/
--Don't be lazy, be CRAZY!!!--


----Moroni 8:3----