Well.....just to update you about some of the people I mentioned in my last letter: Bro Martone (the less active who has been away for 20 years and wants to quit smoking) is staying true to his goal to quit smoking. We had him write so specifically like how many each day, when he would do less, how many less, when he would smoke them, and when he would stop, etc. It's a good plan and he has it up on his fridge. He's gonna stop by Sept 1st! He really wants to, but has tried so many times before so he's a little hesitant to say he will (mostly because he really likes it and will be losing a "friend" by quiting), but I know it'll happen. He's sincere enough this time, and dedicated to changing. Devyn is the LA that we tracked into. She referred us to her boyfriend who we are also teaching now. We taught them both about the restoration, and the plan of salvation last week. While we were teaching about the plan the spirit was so strong! We had her read a scripture in Alma about the atonement (which is something we talked about the day before when we met with just her and how it's possible to repent through Jesus Christ) and she cried as she read. It was powerful. Also something we talked about the day before was praying, which she hasn't done for a LONG time, and at the end of the lesson we invited Jason (her boyfriend) to pray about what we taught, and he didn't feel comfortable (even though he prayed last time just fine) so we testified and invited again, and he refused again and said he would do it next time, then Devyn just said "I have an idea....how about I pray." Of course we speedily agreed and she prayed the most beautiful sincere prayer I have heard in a long time. It lifted some of her burdens and helped Jason to feel the spirit which we were able to help him recognize. It was so cool! I love helping less actives (LA) realize changes they need to make and being able to see those changes take place. It's a great blessing from God. We taught a part member family as well. The husband is not a member so we invited him to listen to the discussions. He agreed, and we taught them a few days later. We invited his best friend (who is also a member in our ward and just got back from his mission a few months ago). It was a good lesson and Garrison (his friend) taught the best lesson on apostasy I've ever heard. Sam Walter (the non-member husband) is catholic, so it was perfect for him. We definitely gave him a lot to think about. We're teaching them again Sunday. The family I told you about last week dropped us but we found and taught another one. The Coleman's. We're going back there tonight to teach them. This one has a girl (14) and a boy (10), and the mom has been to church before with a friend in another place. We're praying they will use their agency righteously and choose to keep their commitments. We've also been tracking in our apt complex and found a bunch of people to teach. One woman let us right in and said she wasn't going to answer the door, but realized that the last week she's been praying for God to show her the way (she's having a lot of difficulties right now) and felt that if she didn't hear what we had to say then she would be showing God she didn't want her prayer answered. We taught her the restoration and she wants to read the BofM from the beginning. We're going back there Friday and will teach her and her daughter (9 y/o I think). She has a friend who is a member in the other ward down here so we will probably recruit her for lessons. So many things are happening in this area! I feel like I have so much more time with being full pros. We teach way more and are able to give service. I don't really want to go back to the VC....it's good and all but I will have to regain my testimony of the VC before I can go back and be happy there. I've never been so blessed in any area before and I know the Lord has so many great things planned for the people here in Southern MD. I didn't buy anything last week and I'm not going to today (food wise) because we have so many left overs from the members. We have to throw away some food because we have too much and aren't able to eat it before it goes bad. They're really great, and I'm grateful to be in an area where we are fed almost every night. There are many areas where that doesn't happen. I hope you all have a wonderful week. I think this may be the longest letter I've written yet. Cherish it =]. Maybe I'll just write gibberish next to make it longer.....or maybe not. We are almost out of miles so we have to wait to go to the beach =[....as soon as Aug. comes we're going! Today we're just gonna write letters, and I'm probably going to have my comp cut my hair =]. I've had a bunch of comps and roommates do it. I like experimenting. Besides if they can, why waste money on something that'll just grow right back. It's way too long right now and drives me crazy! Anyways, I love you and wish the BEST for you in the next 7 days till I write you again, after that we'll have to see how good you are =]
~Sister Witbeck~ lml/
--Don't be lazy, be CRAZY!!!--
----Moroni 8:3----