About Me

I have been called on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I will be in the Washington D.C. North mission for American Sign Language as well as the Visitor's Center. I am super excited for this opportunity to serve the Lord for the next 18 months of my life and hope to be the best missionay possible!

Mission Address

Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823

witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

La-dee-dah, La-dee-dah, La-dee-dah

Well this last week was nothing short of incredible! We walked around a LOT (saved lots of miles) so we are going to the beach today =]. Every week we make plans for how many people we're going to talk to, teach, have come to church etc, and we exploded all of our goals. We worked so hard and were so blessed! It was pretty darn awesome. We talked to so many people and yet I felt like the whole week was just full of appointments. We haven't had any time to find this week because every day is full of appts with investigators and LAs. Gladys (the woman we tracked into with the 9 y/o daughter --Deijha) came to church last sunday and LOVED it. She's definitely getting baptized. She wants to quit smoking and drinking, and needs to get married (seeing as she's living with her fiance) but we talked to her about all of those and she's willing to do it. She wants to change so bad. It's great to see her change every time we visit. She's moving this weekend so we're helping her move, but she loves what she's learning and loves the people she's met so far. Jean Taylor has a baptismal date for Aug. 17th. We had an appt fall through last Wed night so we decided to go check on her since we haven't been able to get a hold of her recently. FINALLY! We were able to see her. One of my favorite things to do is ask people the baptismal interview questions (LAs or investigators) randomly just to see where their testimony is and where it needs to be improved. As we did that we realized she has a strong testimony of everything! She knows and she's ready, she's just scared to be baptized too soon without being ready. She didn't realize she has a testimony so we read some scriptures with her explaining what a testimony is and how she can recognize the spirit and helped her to see what she really knows. After that we just asked her to prepare herself for Aug 17th, and she accepted. She's so ready. I have yet to see someone who is not a member of the church yet with a testimony as solid as hers. So GREAT! Miracles keep happening. Missionaries write a letter to the mission Pres. every week to let him know about the area and our personal well being, and every letter I have sent I keep telling him to not transfer me. I want to stay here so bad! Normally sisters are transferred from the south area after 2 transfers because he wants other sisters to have a full pros opportunity, but I'm hoping a praying it'll be otherwise for me. If I get transferred back to the VC I won't have another opportunity to be full pros, but I'll still have a couple transfers left to be at the VC, so it'll work and that's my conniving plan =] We'll see.Other than that I'm doing great and can't wait to get to the beach, I love you, but priorities, priorities =]. Have a wonderful week. See ya!


~Sister Witbeck~

lml/


--Don't be lazy, be CRAZY!!!--


----Moroni 8:3----