About Me

I have been called on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I will be in the Washington D.C. North mission for American Sign Language as well as the Visitor's Center. I am super excited for this opportunity to serve the Lord for the next 18 months of my life and hope to be the best missionay possible!

Mission Address

Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823

witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

ASL week 1

Adventures are a brewin. We haven't had a dull moment since transfers! First we moved into an elders old apartment so it was DISGUSTING!!!!! We spent all p-day and some of the next morning cleaning it. There's roaches everywhere so we had to buy some bug killer stuff too. It was really nasty, but now it's better. I'm also now a trainer at the Visitors' Center (there are 4 sisters who are incharge of the other sisters there, and kinda lead in doing stuff. Also, we plan and prepare training meetings for the other sisters which we have every Friday morning), so that means even less time in my area. The Lord is blessing us though. We have 2 investigators who want to be baptized, and a bunch more we haven't met yet. One investigator is 12, his family doesn't really speak English, so thank goodness for S. Schoney and her amazing Spanish skills. He wants to be baptized in 3 weeks, we are going to finalize that with his parents tonight... The other is a guy from Camaroon, and loves what we're teaching him. Instead of asking him to be baptized, we almost have to slow him down so he doesn't run into the water without being taught anything! He's AWESOME! We just met him and taught him about the restoration, and we're going to see him again Sat. then he'll go to church and we'll finalize a date for him as well. I forgot how much I love ASL and deaf people. I tried to leave it aside when I was told not to teach them, so I focused on English, but things are slowly coming back to me and I'm in heaven! I love it. My district is GREAT, my comp is great, and the people are great...so far =]. Today we went to Arlington Cemetary for all the dying missionaries (those of us going home between now and March). Pres does this every couple months. It was cool. My whole district right now went (we only have us sisters and two elders. One is deaf and he goes home in Feb, and the other goes home next year, but he terped for his comp). We took a few district pics =] It was way fun. Well, I love and miss you all!

~Sister Witbeck~ lml/

--Don't be lazy, be CRAZY!!!--

----Moroni 8:3----