About Me

I have been called on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I will be in the Washington D.C. North mission for American Sign Language as well as the Visitor's Center. I am super excited for this opportunity to serve the Lord for the next 18 months of my life and hope to be the best missionay possible!

Mission Address

Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823

witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

(no subject)

Well well well, mi familia. ?!Que paso?! I just left my zone activity. It was awesome pants fun. We played broom hockey first with a balloon as the puck, then with a dodge ball thing for the puck. So fun. I'm so out of shape! I got so tired, but it was totally worth it =]. This week has been good. Tako came to church and loved it! She's going again this Sunday. It's so hard to find people a ride to church in the deaf branch, cuz everyone lived so far away. Most of our branch live in VA, so we have to find someone who can pick them up on their way to church. Hopefully that'll get better as time goes on. Luckily we have a ride coordinator who tries to find rides for our investigators. Last week we were supposed to have 3 people come, but because of rides only one could make it. EEEEK! Christmas trees are being set up at the VC as I write this. The magic has begun!!!!! We started training all the new sisters for festival...really they won't know what's going on till they see 7,000 people coming at them wanting to watch the free program downstairs. HA! Can't wait to see that =]. Hey mom and dad, sorry I didn't get that list out last week, I'm doing it as soon as I get home today so you should get it in the next few days. A few people have offered their homes for us to stay in...if you want to . I'm down, but I dunno what you think. I know you prefer staying in hotels...it's up to you. Transfers are coming up in 2 weeks and because I'm a VC trainer I get to be involved. Mwa ha ha ha! We start discussing where all the sisters can be transferred then give a few options to Pres. and he makes the final decision. It'll be interesting. Oh, by the way, I'm still eating the granola Beth sent me. I have been talking about it for months, and when we finally got some my comp said "this better be as good as you say it is" then she tried it and wants the recipe. Oh I've been craving that my entire mission! Thanks so much for sending it. I even bought some goats milk to eat it with and it was so good! Just like when I was younger and wrinkle-less =]. I hope you all have a fantastic Halloween! We are going to the temple in the morning with all the sisters, then we are going to sleep over at some sisters home more north, so we can work in that area the next morning. Saves on miles. It'll be fun. AND we are going to buy some pumpkins today to carve. Nothing like going all out. Well, love ya, and hope you are getting along =]. Take care,

~Sister Witbeck~ lml/

--Don't be lazy, be CRAZY!!!--


----Moroni 8:3----