About Me

I have been called on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I will be in the Washington D.C. North mission for American Sign Language as well as the Visitor's Center. I am super excited for this opportunity to serve the Lord for the next 18 months of my life and hope to be the best missionay possible!

Mission Address

Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823

witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net

Thursday, October 23, 2008

What a week!

ai yai yai! we have spent a LOT of time at the VC this week, and not a lot of time in our area, but we still got some things accomplished. One of our investigators (Mike) has a baptismal date for Nov. 9th. He's awesome! He's from Camaroon, and really wants to be baptized. He's a professional soccor player AND wants to be a professional dancer as well. He performs with a group from Gallaudet and loves it. It's been great teaching him because be seems like a boastful/never humble kind of person, but when we bear testimony he changes, and becomes more serious. We'll see what happens, but pray for him. Also, we have a few other investigators who we are teaching which we are going to invite to be baptized. Tako (she's from Africa too...somewhere), Bridget (from NY), and Cristhian who is 12. He wants to be baptized, but his mom won't let him. Please pray that his moms heart will be softened! She wants him to continue learning for another year, and "then we'll see", but he's ready now. He loves it, and goes to church even though he thinks it's boring =]. Other than that, life is good. I got your package (mom and dad) THANKS!!!!! It was really great. Exactly what I needed. I think I've celebrated my 23rd b-day more than 5 days =]. It just keeps coming up, and we do something else to celebrate. Makes for a great month! We have started preparing for festival at the VC. Christmas lights are being put up by volunteers (they started back in Sept.) and us trainers are trying to figure out all the ins and outs of the schedule (cuz it's COMPLETELY different) and how to make everything run smoothly. I'm not exactly looking forward to 1/2 p-days, and 2 or 3 full VC days a week, but the magic makes up for it, and so does the dinner every night that is brought to us from different wards =]. We are well taken care of during Dec. I'm excited to see what will happen at that time. Even though it's a month away, it'll go by so fast! I'm so grateful for a good comp! She really takes care of me, and is learning ASL fast. She uses her Spanish a LOT because most of the people we talk to are from South America and their families speak Spanish. They're either Hispanic, or African =]....funny. It's the same way in the English program. We hardly ever teach white Americans. Darn prideful people ;-). Well, I love you all and am grateful for your prayers in my behalf. Thanks for all you do! Te iu besc! ("I love you" in Romanian....I think that's how you spell it)

~Sister Witbeck~ lml/

--Don't be lazy, be CRAZY!!!--

----Moroni 8:3----