About Me

I have been called on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I will be in the Washington D.C. North mission for American Sign Language as well as the Visitor's Center. I am super excited for this opportunity to serve the Lord for the next 18 months of my life and hope to be the best missionay possible!

Mission Address

Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823

witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happy birthday to me....=]

Some have sent emails asking me a few questions and since most are the same questions I'm just gonna answer them here. The only people I teach now are deaf. S. Schoney had a little ASL in high school but is pretty good, and because of this new calling has improved immensely over the last 2 weeks! Wow, it's amazing to see that. The Lord really does qualify whom he calls. Pres. says I will die in this area (die=end of mission....mission lingo), so yes, S. Schoney will be my last comp. I go to the deaf branch every sunday for church and it's hard to find deaf people. However, right now we're just teaching teaching teaching, because of the time we spend at the VC we don't have a lot of time to find. The Lord does bless us though. In fact last week just after I wrote you all an email I was sitting with another sister missionary and signed something to her, while I was signing a deaf guy saw me and began conversation. He's from Peru and understands Spanish, English, and ASL. Cool! We were going to teach him last Saturday but he didn't know his address so he gave us his email. We are waiting for him to get us his addy so we can go over and teach him. That's one thing I get annoyed with is trying to contact people through email and texting. It's cool and all, but you never know if they got it, or have read it....you just have to wait for a reply when you don't have their address. Lame. But it's cool because you can have multiple conversations at the same time with LA's and investigators. Thanks for the birthday wishes =]. It was pretty much the best one ever! We drove up to Frederick (which is outside mission boundaries but in our area boundaries because we have all of MD) to do some service for a member up there. She had TONS of pears that needed to be decored, peeled and put away, so we helped her with that and made 4 pies. One of them we took home with us. It's incredible! I don't like pies, but this one is a winner. Then we had shift at the VC so we spent the evening there. My comp (who's basically the best person ever) took another sister with her to go to the store and buy some ice cream (of course with permission =]), and had a little "party" in the kitchen for me. I also got the package Beth sent (THANKS! by the way) and had fun with that. Well, I think that's it. Love and miss you!

~Sister Witbeck~ lml/

--Don't be lazy, be CRAZY!!!--

----Moroni 8:3----