About Me

I have been called on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I will be in the Washington D.C. North mission for American Sign Language as well as the Visitor's Center. I am super excited for this opportunity to serve the Lord for the next 18 months of my life and hope to be the best missionay possible!

Mission Address

Sister Heidi Witbeck
Washington DC North Mission
11700 Falls Rd.Potomac, MD 20854-2823

witbeckdcnorth@myldsmail.net

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Dreams really do come true =]

Well, the long awaited day is come. I have been transferred to the ASL program!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have no idea what I'm doing....signing or with the area because we'll be white washing (where neither of us know the area) and I'm not sure where to start, but we'll figure that all out today and tomorrow. I'm so excited!! I knew something was happening I just wasn't sure if i was going ASL or not, so I was ready when we got our call out (telling us where we're going) with a tape recorder. Yes, I recorded it, and have listened to it a few times. My comp is Sis. Schoney from Utah and this has been a dream since the beginning of both of our missions. She was called Spanish speaking, but knows a little ASL so here we are! I'm sad to leave Bethesda but I was only there 6 weeks...not very long at all. We passed the area (which has been melded with another area) to 3 elders. Thank goodness I organized it last transfer. You will hear all about our crazy adventures next week =]. Love all of you so much!


~Sister Witbeck~ lml/


--Don't be lazy, be CRAZY!!!--


----Moroni 8:3----